RE: SKOS Guide and owl:sameAs

Probably, both.  An example of a concept relocating in the DDC would be
in Edition 21 005.6 was the concept "Microprogramming and microprograms",
in Edition 22 005.6 was relocated to 005.18.  In this case you have the
relationship:

Edition 21
  skos:Concept 005.6
    dct:isReplacedBy E22 005.18

Edition 22
  skos:Concept 005.18
    dct:replaces E21 005.18

to indicate the notion of a concept being relocated.  An example of
a concept splitting would be in Edition 21 T2--145 was the concept
"Plane regions" which included pampas, plains, prairies, steppes,
tundras. However, in Edition 22 T2--145 pampas, prairies, steppes,
tundras were relocated to T2-153.  In this case you have the
relationship:

Edition 21
  skos:Concept T2--145
    dct:isReplacedBy
      rdf:Alt
        rdf:li E22 T2--145
        rdf:li E22 T2--153

Edition 22
  skos:Concept T2--145
    dct:replaces E21 T2--145
  skos:Concept T2--153
    dct:replaces E21 T2--145

to indicate the notion of a concept splitting.

Andy.