Re: question concerning collections

Mark

Thanks for the links ... "déjà vu", indeed! Honest, I had missed the
threads, and I did not copy Dan's post [1], although it really looks
like it.
So let me sum up the pragmatic position we can take so far.

    * Keep collections distinct from concepts in *declarations*, e.g.
      even when allocating a URI to a collection (which I agree with you
      is not really a good idea), don't use this same URI for a concept.
    * Even if a reasoner could infer that some skos:Collection is a
      skos:Concept, applications should not me aware of such a
      conclusion :-) , so keep them distinct in processing, display,
      forbid indexing on collections etc.

Side question maybe Leonard will have clues : should collections / label
nodes be used in full text search, IOW if I pass the SKOS structure to a
full text engine, should I include the label nodes? In the example given
by Paul, seems it would not make much sense, but I know he has other
examples in the back of his mind, namely AAT he mentioned before. We
have there nested collections such as :

 > French Medieval styles
 >> French Medieval architecture styles
       Angevin Gothic
       Rayonnant
       Flamboyant

Seems to me those are borderline cases ...

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2005Oct/0059.html

*
Bernard Vatant*

Knowledge Engineering