Re: Practical applications of networking standards for KOS

Ron, Gabriel et al:

You may be interested in a KOS project that is focused on ensuring
accuracy in communications about activity procedures, information flows
required, metric measurements and general knowledge sharing. Metlife's
Asset Inventory Management programme is developing for deployment an
Information Technology Service Management Ontology consisting of the terms
and concepts of ISO 20000 (BS 15000 / ITIL Framework) activities and
information flows. Ontology / KOS alignment will be based on:
„h The ontology is represented as OWL classes that describe (or define)
part of the IT Service Management domain. OWL object class elements will
use XML Schema datatypes.
„h The ontology is to be used in data affinity matrixes that identify
class / element / datatype utilization within process information flows
and data models supporting Asset Inventory Management / Configuration
Management / Capacity Planning / Financial Budget Management / Service
Request Management / Service Level Management.
„h The kernel ontology defines the relationships between different
Asset/Inventory Management asset classes.
„h The ontology references elements used in Templates and other
standardized record management structures defined in an enterprise wide
data dictionary.

cheers
carl

<quote who="Gabriel Hopmans">

--
Carl Mattocks
co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC