Re: Are skos:Concept and rdfs:Class disjoint?

Hi Richard, and Dan

To complete Dan's answer, something I'm munching over those days is that
what's important with a RDF resource is more what one wants to use it
for (its functionality), than what it stands for (its denotation). A
skos:Concept is forged to index and search documents and other
information resources (maybe even philosophers - see other thread about
skos:subject), it's a librarian's tool. A rdfs:Class is forged to sort
and find out stuff outthere by properties, it's a naturalist's tool, so
to speak. So basically they are different tools for different purposes,
and as such, should be kept distinct.

Now of course we have this permathread about how to link my-dog-concept
to your-dog-class, if they are indeed kept distinct. I could again push
the blank node connection here, but well ... In the same spirit than
above, I prefer to ask : what do you want this for? Beyond the
conceptual exercise, what is the use case? I ask because honestly,
despite an interest for this question which is close to maniac
obsession, I have not yet found a real-world, clear business use case
where such a requirement is in the critical path.

Bernard

--

*Bernard Vatant
*Knowledge Engineering