Are skos:Concept and rdfs:Class disjoint?

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:29:08 +0100
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Another quick question:

Can a skos:Concept be an rdfs:Class at the same time? For example, if
I have in my taxonomy a skos:Concept ex:Dog, then would it be OK to
also make this an rdfs:Class and say something like this?

     :ginger a ex:Dog .

I suppose the answer is no because an RDFS class is something else
than a taxonomic concept. I'm interested in an explanation that is a
bit less hand-wavy than "it's something else."

Richard