RE: Use AND type references

Hi Lori, good to see you are still active in this area!

I agree this type of complex relationship occurs in many thesauri. It is
provided for in ISO 2788 and in the forthcoming BS 8723 Part 2. In
practice, I notice that few software products handle it satisfactorily.
The logical model for how to handle it is quite challenging. And I guess
that's why SKOS may find it difficult too.

When it comes to mappings between thesauri, the need to represent
mappings to combinations of terms/concepts becomes all the more common.
At a recent NKOS meeting in Vienna, I think I heard Alistair Miles say
he was working on a solution....
Cheers
Stella

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, Oxon, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
SDClarke@LukeHouse.demon.co.uk