Re: comment:skos:preflabel

Y'all probably get tired of me saying "well, in terminology management we
..." Nevertheless, in terminology management we have terms (labels), and
they can have many different kinds of attributes, among them "international
scientific term" and "common name," both of which can be iterative if
necessary because there can be many common names depending on region,
dialect, you name it. "Preferred term" is actually a separate, different
classification, which, as you note is slippery because it all depends on the
context in question. But of course, this is the difference between
documenting terminology for the sake of usage and documenting terms in a
controlled vocabulary, where one could make the decision that in this
particular reference, we will (e.g.) use scientific terms and map common
names to them with a "use" reference.
  Bye for now
Sue Ellen

--