Re: ordered concepts?

From: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:14:07 +0100
To: Erik Hennum <ehennum@us.ibm.com>
CC: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Hi,

> What is the recommended way for indicating sequence (perhaps logical,
> chrononological, or spatial) over a list of narrower concepts? Some
> common examples

Is this ordering a structural component of the thesaurus itself or
additional display information instead?

> My lazy temptation is to yearn for a skos:narrowerList property that
> offers a skos:memberlist for Concept with skos:narrower semantics. But
> perhaps there are good reasons to resist temptation....

The current definition of OrderedCollection states:

"Ordered collections can be used with collectable semantic relation
properties, where you would like a set of concepts to be displayed in
a specific order, and optionally under a 'node label'."

...so if I'm correct you can use an OrderedCollection without a label.
Conceptually, you're defining a node label without a name, so there
might be some worries there. Technically, this seems a working solution.

Regards,
Mark.

--
  Mark F.J. van Assem - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
        mark@cs.vu.nl - http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mark