RE: draft text for UK government

Hi all,

Does anyone have any comment on what I wrote below?  Any suggestions for how to improve the justification?

Cheers,

Al.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#URI-persistence>.

If the [relevant authority] doesn't wish to make any commitments to the persistence of issued URIs then it should make a statement to that effect, so that users may have reasonable expectations with respect to the consequences of their use.

Recommendation 3: The [relevant authority] publishes an RDF description of each of the concepts of the IPSV, and of the IPSV, using the SKOS Core Vocabulary as appropriate.

Explanation:

RDF allows metadata descriptions to be distributed, but to still be sensibly combined and integrated as necessary.  This can greatly reduce the cost of maintaining networked metadata applications.  Furthermore, the handling and integration of RDF data can be implemented by standard software toolkits, minimising the need for custom-written software for data integration.

The SKOS Core Vocabulary is an RDF Vocabulary appropriate to the description and publication of thesaurus-like data in RDF.  It is a W3C Working Draft, and although it is still under development, it has a significant early deployment in the instances of the Dewey Decimal Classification, the UK Archival Thesaurus, and the General Multilingual Environmental Thesaurus.

... That should do for the moment.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Al.

---
Alistair Miles