[Proposal][SKOS Core] use of skos:subjectIndicator in SKOS Core schema

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:20:33 +0100
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi all,

I have the first suggestion for a change to SKOS Core since first PWD publication:

The issue of use of the skos:subjectIndicator property as a predicate in the RDF description of SKOS Core itself [1] was raised in [2].

(E.g. [1] contains the statement

<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#subjectIndicator> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#subjectIndicator> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/#subjectIndicator>.
)

I originally added these statements without thinking too much about it (one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time), and think now that it was a bad idea, because (among other things) of the issues it raises as described in [2].

So I suggest we consider a change item to remove all statements matching the pattern (?x skos:subjectIndicator ?y) from [1].

Unless anyone objects, I'll add a formal item to the proposals list [3] describing this.  N.B. just to be clear about process, the proposals in [3], if stable and supported by good consensus, get considered at the next review, the date of which we'll set at the SWBP telecon tonight.

Thanks,

Al.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2005May/0000.html