comment: FOAF Depiction and Symbolic Labelling

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:15:38 -0400
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Hi,

[[[ Symbolic Labelling

Symbolic labelling means labelling a concept with an image.]]]

If I understood the group has given the possibility to create text to
give label to concepts.
     skos:prefLabel
     skos:altLabel
And in a second time, "hmm maybe we should have images", then
     skos:prefSymbol
     skos:altSymbol

So I thought "Ok, because images can convey a generic meaning, for
example an icon." and in second time, I thought
"Well what about sounds ! I could be in an environment where the
sound will be my UI."
And I thought about the way we are conveying understanding in our
world: touch, smell, etc.

So why more images than than something else?

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***