Subdivision of Concept Schemes

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:42:56 +0100
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Comes to my mind that current SKOS vocabulary does not provide any support for asserting
that ConceptScheme A is part of ConceptScheme B. This can be very useful for large
Thesauri organized in "groups" or "themes" like e.g. GEMET, which are likely to be
partially reused, or OTOH large concept schemes built from smaller parts.

So I would suggest to introduce something like skos:partOfScheme with domain and range
skos:ConceptScheme

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant
Knowledge Engineering