Re: Question on skos:subject domain

From: Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:56:10 +0000
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

In message <4219BB99.9020207@hp.com> on Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Ian Dickinson
<ian.dickinson@hp.com> wrote
>I notice that skos:subject has a rdfs:domain of foaf:Document.
>Apologies if this has been discussed before, but is there a reason for
>this? I would have thought that resources other than documents (and
>indeed, FOAF's particular take on what a document is) can be classified
>by a SKOS concept.

In the draft British Standard for thesaurus construction we have used
"document" with a very broad meaning, equivalent to "information
resource" - it is just more convenient to have one word rather than

That definition is given in

Not all the terms in that glossary have been agreed by the BS working
party, but "document" is unchanged from the current draft standard.

Leonard Will

Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092
27 Calshot Way, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 7BQ, UK. Fax: +44 (0)870 051 7276
L.Will@Willpowerinfo.co.uk               Sheena.Will@Willpowerinfo.co.uk
---------------- <URL:http://www.willpowerinfo.co.uk/> -----------------