RE: What about "taxonomies"? RE: Glossary of terms relating to thesauri and faceted classification

Hi all,

In the rewrite of the introduction I did last week, I suggested a slightly revised definition of 'concept scheme' (snip of text from [1]) -

A 'conceptual scheme' or 'concept scheme' is defined here as: a set of concepts, optionally including statements about semantic relationships between those concepts. Thesauri, classification schemes, subject heading schemes, terminologies, glossaries and other types of controlled vocabularies are all examples of conceptual schemes.

How does that sound?

Do you think we should add 'taxonomies' to the second sentence, or not :) ?

Cheers,

Al.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/guide/2005-01-25.html

---