[PORT] SKOS Core URI dereferencing

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:50:41 -0000
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Cc: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

I've been involved in some recent work to write up practical guidelines and options for setting up apache HTTP servers to support RDF vocabs. The Vocabulary Management TF of the SWBPD-WG recently published an editor's draft ('the cookbook') with options and example implementations [1].  This work draws on practical experience and requirements, especially from SKOS, DC and FOAF.

I'd like to propose that we implement recipe 4 from the HTTP cookbook editor's draft [2] for SKOS Core.  What this would mean in practice is that an attempt to dereference e.g.

... from within a web browser, would redirect you to:

... (i.e. the URI becomes 'clickable' and takes you to the relevant bit of the spec, delivered in the relevant language if available) ...

... and an attempt to dereference e.g.:

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2005-11-18/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2005-11-18/#recipe4

Alistair Miles