Re: real resources?

From: NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology <Nikki.Rogers@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:06:08 +0100
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

> I have this question:
>
> Can a real world thing be a 'resource' in an RDF graph?

I would say "yes" in the sense that, where I can say:

"hey, Brian, I saw a really funny clip in Friends last night ..."

I can just as well say

"hey, Al, I saw a great resource in an RDF graph this morning ..."

And the clip and the resource are real world things, no?

However, if I use a resource in an RDF graph to represent the TV show
"Friends" than that particular resource is not a 'real world thing' but
this time does just that - it *represents* a 'real world thing'.

?

Nikki

> ---
> Alistair Miles
> Research Associate
> CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
> Building R1 Room 1.60
> Fermi Avenue
> Chilton
> Didcot
> Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
> United Kingdom
> Email:        a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk
> Tel: +44 (0)1235 445440

NJ Rogers, Technical Researcher
(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT)
Email:nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)117 9287096 (Direct)
Tel: +44(0)117 9287193 (Office)