RE: [Proposal][SKOS-Core] skos:denotes

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:59:45 +0100
To: 'Dave Reynolds' <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

> Ah I hadn't realize they were expected to be disjoint. I nearly wrote
> earlier that it you could simply have the bNode
> Al-as-foaf-Person also be
> an instance of skos:Concept. Then it could, for example, be directly
> attached to a thesaurus without this extra level of
> indirection and use
> owl:sameAs to indicate these correspondences.

The big problem with doing this is that multiple concepts from different
sources could end up being merged as the same node in a graph ... which
could leave you with a concept node with three different definitions and any
number of labels, and no knowledge (without provenance) of which source the
labels/definitions came from.