re: [Proposal][SKOS-Core] Moving semantic relation property exten sions to an 'extensions' vocab.

From: David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:37:37 -0400
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Miles, AJ (Alistair)  writes:

> I would like to propose that the following properties be removed from
> SKOS Core, and be moved to an 'extensions' vocabulary (perhaps under
> the namespace <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/extensions#>?) ...
>
> skos:broaderGeneric
etc.

I'll note in passing that, in principle, you could move them to an
extensions vocabulary without changing their namespace.

The benefit would be compatibility with any existing data and tools. The
drawback would be confusing people who expect a one-to-one
correspondence between RDF vocabularies and XML namespaces.
--
David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com> <http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>