Re: pls keep Concepts and documents disjoint

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:00:26 +0100
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

> ... but the new SKOS Core Guide and Vocab Spec (under development) are going
> to have lots of examples, and if the rest of the world is anything like me,
> they won't read anything else but the examples.  So whatever style gets
> chosen for the examples I'm guessing is going to get copied and pasted alot.

Fair comment. In that case I'd suggest go for # style in most of the
examples because (a) they are probably going to be small so the
thesaurus-too-big-for-one-document problem isn't apparent and (b) bandwidth
issues aside, no one would suggest # is wrong they just disagree on whether
it is required.

Then I would have one example section specifically addressing issues with
big thesauri and in that one use either the hybrid or slash schemes and
reference your discussions on the issues or the SWBP doc.

Dave