pls keep Concepts and documents disjoint

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:10:30 -0500
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Regarding
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/thes/1.0/guide/
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/thes/1.0/guide/20040504/

This example:

 <skos:Concept rdf:about="http:/example.com/Concept/0001"/>

uses a hash-less http URI for a concept. I recommend against
that. I recommend that you allow people to use hash-less
http URIs for documents, and that you keep documents
disjoint from Concepts.

While no widely adopted standard compells you to do this,
the HTTP specification suggests that a hashless http URI
denotes a "network resource"
  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.2.2

and some members of the W3C TAG have argued this position
in dicussion of issue httpRange-14
  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#httpRange-14