RE: domain/range for skos props

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:32:04 +0100
To: "'bnowack@appmosphere.com'" <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi Benjamin,

> (broadening the
> domain of skos:example and skos:definition, i.e. the datatype
> properties,
> is probably ok, I'd assume).

Glad you think so because I just made an executive decision :)

> Is there another (indirect) way to create a link between rdfs
> classes and skos
> concepts, that could be used as an alternative, or a property with
> domain=rdfs:Class and range=skos:Concept?

We have had a long discussion about how to satisfy exactly this requirement
(see the thread about 'skos:denotes').  The debate is currently hung ... I
can point you to two emails that summarise the positions:

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2004Sep/0067.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2004Oct/0005.html

... and my most recent attempt to find a way forward:

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2004Oct/0092.html

Look forward to your thoughts on this.

Al.