From: Houghton,Andrew
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Sent: 11/19/2004 6:14 AM
Subject: RE: SKOS dodges the identity crisis? or not ...

I agree that you would want to create a SKOS specific subProperty
of dc:identifier and make it an OWL IFP.  I thought some more about
splitting the identifier between scheme and resource and OWL IFP's.
You could ammend my original example to something like:

<rdf:RDF>

  <rdf:Property rdf:about='http://www.w3.org/.../skos/core#conceptID'>
    <rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdf:resource='http://purl.org/dc/.../identifier'/>
    <owl:inverseOf rdf:resource='...'/>
  </rdf:Property>

  <rdf:Description rdf:about='http://example.org/thing'>
    <skos:subject>
      <skos:Concept>
        <skos:conceptID>
          <rdf:Description>
            <rdf:type>skos:ConceptScheme URI</rdf:type>
            <rdf:value>sh2003004821</rdf:value>
          </rdf:Description>
        </skos:conceptID>
      </skos:Concept>
    </skos:subject>
  </rdf:Description>

</rdf:RDF>

Thus, everything is embedded in the skos:conceptID.  This would also
mean that KOS publishers would only need to develop URI's for the
base skos:ConceptScheme and one for each expression/version, per
the SKOS Guide, guidelines.  Does the above example play nice with
OWL IFP?

Andy.