RE: SKOS dodges the identity crisis?

From: Carl Mattocks <carlmattocks@checkmi.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:39:13 -0500 (EST)
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, public-esw-thes@w3.org

As a believer in not trying to reengineer stuff that is not broken ..
I also agree that it would be good to encourage publishers of terms in
controlled vocabularies to use a direct non-fragmenting URI. ..

 However, if a publisher did not employ this exemplary approach (to
protect their investment?) then (of course) an indirect URI must be used.
Thus for pragmatic purposes I  encourage the use of indirect identifiers
as an architectural approach.

<quote who="Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com">

--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums