Re: Real world examples for documents

From: Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:59:22 +0000
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

In message <h2qB1XNSHnhBFAQi@willpowerinfo.co.uk> on Mon, 1 Nov 2004,
Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk> wrote

>In message
><350DC7048372D31197F200902773DF4C05DE335F@exchange11.rl.ac.uk> on Mon,
>1 Nov 2004, "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk> wrote
>>SKOS docs would benefit greatly from quoting SKOS RDF descriptions of
>>prominent real world thesauri ...
>>
>>So do you have any suggestions about thesauri that could be used for
>>examples in documentation ...
>
>A few suggestions.
. . .

>UKAT (UK archival thesaurus)
>Based on the UNESCO thesaurus but expanded and adapted. Likely to be
>widely used by UK archive collections.

Sorry, I omitted the URL for this one. It is <http://www.ukat.org.uk/>.

I agree with Stella's suggestion that you should include some
multilingual thesauri. Another one in this category is

GEMET (GEneral Multilingual Environmental Thesaurus)
<http://www.eionet.eu.int/GEMET>
This has 19 languages, and is available in "an XML format" in each
language.

There is another Web interface to the multilingual UNESCO thesaurus on
UNESCO's own site at <http://databases.unesco.org/thesaurus/>

Leonard
--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092