Re: Real world examples for documents

From: Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:59:22 +0000
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

In message <h2qB1XNSHnhBFAQi@willpowerinfo.co.uk> on Mon, 1 Nov 2004,
Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk> wrote
>In message
><350DC7048372D31197F200902773DF4C05DE335F@exchange11.rl.ac.uk> on Mon,
>1 Nov 2004, "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk> wrote
>>SKOS docs would benefit greatly from quoting SKOS RDF descriptions of
>>prominent real world thesauri ...
>>So do you have any suggestions about thesauri that could be used for
>>examples in documentation ...
>A few suggestions.
. . .
>UKAT (UK archival thesaurus)
>Based on the UNESCO thesaurus but expanded and adapted. Likely to be
>widely used by UK archive collections.

Sorry, I omitted the URL for this one. It is <http://www.ukat.org.uk/>.

I agree with Stella's suggestion that you should include some
multilingual thesauri. Another one in this category is

GEMET (GEneral Multilingual Environmental Thesaurus)
This has 19 languages, and is available in "an XML format" in each

There is another Web interface to the multilingual UNESCO thesaurus on
UNESCO's own site at <http://databases.unesco.org/thesaurus/>

Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092
27 Calshot Way, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 7BQ, UK. Fax: +44 (0)870 051 7276
L.Will@Willpowerinfo.co.uk               Sheena.Will@Willpowerinfo.co.uk
---------------- <URL:http://www.willpowerinfo.co.uk/> -----------------