Re: Low level API

From: Tudhope D S (Comp) <dstudhope@glam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:43:33 +0100
To: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Leonard

I think Ron was referring to a "number of levels" parameter in the API call
(ie in SKOS getConceptRelativesByPath) - a relative number of levels (or
relationship traversals) from the given concept. It could include the whole
hierarchy but might not necessarily in some large thesaurus applications
where you wanted a local context display centred around the given concept.
Thus 'Level no'. would not need to be stored in the thesaurus
representation.

As Ron mentions, this was something we explored in the JoDI paper, where the
web system's browsing interface is constructed dynamically by calls to an
API (in that case a bespoke API).

Doug