RE: Supporting arrays of concepts : node labels

Ron Davies writes:

> Let me apologize in advance for asking what might be a very naive
> question at this stage, but there is a tremendous amount of material
> to get through to try to get up to speed on current developments.
> Stella brings up an issue that I was just trying to get a grip on,
> namely, the sequence in the different concepts presented as of the
> same property. Is there any implied sequence among, say, Narrower
> Terms for a given concept? If so, what is it (or who determines it)
> and where is it indicated?

In RDF, the values of a property (e.g., skos:narrower) for a given
subject form a set. So, there's no way (in RDF) to determine an
intrinsic order of two concepts, given only that they are narrower than
another concept.

The lists used in the proposed skos:Array structure avoid this problem
by introducing extra nodes.

This:

    thes:001 a skos:Concept
      ; skos:subArray