Re: Difference between dc:subject and foaf:topic

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:53:20 +0000
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> The fact that foaf:topic has a defined domain of foaf:Document and a range of
> rdf:Resource means that it's a bit more restricted than dc:subject which can
> happily live with a literal value,

This is off-topic but I think these days Literals are Resources (in terms
of the semantics document the set of literal values LV is a subset of the
set of resources IR) so a foaf:topic with a literal value is just fine as
far as the range declaration is concerned.  Doesn't affect the more
important philosphical distinction Dan is making.

Dave