Re: Difference between dc:subject and foaf:topic

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:37:47 +0000 (GMT)
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Miles, AJ (Alistair)  wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what's the fundamental difference between these two
> properties?

see a message from Dan to the foaf list:

http://rdfweb.org/pipermail/rdfweb-dev/2003-February/011064.html

[[
I want to note a critical difference between foaf:topic and dc:subject.
The former realtes a document to the thing that it is about; the latter
relates it to a subject code that in some other formalism is taken as
standing for that thing.
]]

Libby