Re: SKOS and OWL

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 06:53:43 -0500
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: swick@w3.org, "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

* Miles, AJ (Alistair)  <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk> [2004-03-05 11:32-0000]

> Anticipating an FAQ item (and probably extended debate) on the relationship
> between SKOS and OWL, so I had a go at a draft on the subject.  I'd like to
> know what you think of this.

[snip,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2004Mar/0012.html
for full msg]

This looks like a really useful start. I wonder if it could be taken in
two parts: (i) an characterisation of the differences between formal
ontology/rdf approeach and thesaurus broader-term/narrower-term notions,
particularly referencing library world, then (ii) introduce SKOS as a
formalisation of the latter and an exploratory basis for mapping between
the two...?

exciting to see this stuff coming together :)

Dan