Re: Ruby Annotation for I18N'd thes labels

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:07:37 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Another, related issue. In Hebrew and Arabic the diacritics (accents, dots
and stuff) are important to disambiguate a word, but they are often lft out
in practice. Being able to identify the common and the complete forms of a
term seem helpful.

I am guessing that the best way to do this is to subclass one of the ...Term
properties. Ruby is really just an association between two or three terms,
without providing any semantic clues and only some hints about presentation
that might cover semantics.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Chaals