Re: Developing Use Cases for a (RDF-based) Thesaurus Service

From: Ron Davies <ron@rondavies.be>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:25:23 +0200
To: "NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology" <Nikki.Rogers@bristol.ac.uk>, public-esw-thes <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Nikki,

This has been mentioned before, but I think "the ability [for a human] to
browse through each thesaurus from these [access] points" really deserves
its own use case. This is a significant chunk of work, if it is to
accommodate different types of thesauri, and has not (yet) been dealt with
in a standard way. And there are a lot of people who would be happy to
support standards that would let this happen.

Ron

At 18:41 15/06/2004, NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology wrote:

>Hi Scott
>
>Apologies for the delay in replying to your question.
>
>In the next couple of weeks I will be updating the Use Cases
>document on the website to reflect input from the community.
>For now there is a draft version
>of this document at
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200311/thes/Use_cases_Thes_Service.html
>
>Regards
>Nikki
>

>--On Tuesday, March 09, 2004 09:28:58 -0800 Scott Wiseman
><scott@intercore.net> wrote:
>

>>Is there any progress with this?
>>

>>Scott Wiseman
>>
>>Network Consultant Los Angeles
>>
>>http://www.InterCore.net
>>
>>Exchange Consultant Los Angeles
>>
>>http://www.Avidware.com
>>
>>Security Consultant Los Angeles
>>
>>http://www.FastForwardMarcom.com
>>
>>Outsourcing Consulting Programming
>>
>>http://www.OutsourcingAnswers.org
>>

>----------------------
>NJ Rogers, Technical Researcher
>(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
>Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT)
>Email:nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
>Tel: +44(0)117 9287096 (Direct)
>Tel: +44(0)117 9287193 (Office)

Ron Davies
Information and documentation systems consultant
Av. Baden-Powell 1  Bte 2, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Email:  ron@rondavies.be
Tel:    +32 (0)2 770 33 51
GSM:    +32 (0)484 502 393