[Requirement] SKOS and OWL DL

From: Supekar, Kaustubh S. <Supekar.Kaustubh@mayo.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:42:30 -0500
To: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
We at Mayo are working on converting medical terminologies to OWL. SKOS seems to be a perfect fit for our problem. However, the SKOS model renders its schema as OWL Full, thus making it computationally intractable to use with reasoners. This counters the main purpose of converting a thesaurus/terminology to check for (in)consistencies using standard reasoners.

We would like to see the SKOS RDF schema fit into the realms of OWL DL.

Regards,
Kaustubh Supekar
Research Intern
Division of BioMedical Informatics