Re: Blank nodes for concepts.

Is there really any reason you can't have two concepts with the same
prefLabel?

as I understand it

<Concept>
  <prefLabel>Bar</prefLabel>
  <altLabel>Baz</altLabel>
</Concept>
<Concept>
  <prefLabel>Bar</prefLabel>
  <altLabel>Foo</altLabel>
</Concept>

doesn't give you any right to infer that the two balnk nodes are the same
(this would be that case if you made prefLabel map 1:1 with concepts but I
think that's a bad idea anyway).

Looking at user scenarios, there is an obvious cost to two concepts having
the same preferred label - whenever you want to classify something by that
label you need to be clear which one you mean. On the benefit side, you might
well have a term that commonly refers to a couple of different concepts, and
want to be easily able to look for things with the preferred Label.

"accessible" is the example that springs to mind in my everyday stuff. I
suspect in putting vocbularies together it's also useful.

Cheers

Chaals