RE: [Proposal][SKOS-Core] Local (non-URI) identifiers for concept s: support for concepts in multiple schemes

So here's what I'm thinking ...

It would be nice if a skos:localID property could be used as a basis for
smushing (that's merging data and inferring that two individuals are the
same).

(Although as Dave R. mentions, this will put SKOS Core into OWL Full, which
incidentally it is currently by virtue of lots of sub-property relationships
and no OWL data/object property typing - but the potential benefits of
restricting SKOS Core to OWL DL is another discussion.)

Either

(1) we do what Dave B. suggests, i.e. have a skos:localID property which
must be qualified with a datatype, and which we can then declare as
InverseFunctional if we decide we aren't worried about SKOS Core being in
OWL Full ...

Or

(2) we have a skos:localID property, and recommend that for each scheme you
define and use a sub-property of skos:localID specific to your scheme, which
can then be declared as InverseFunctional by the scheme owner if they
choose.  No need for datatypes with this option.

What do you think?

Al.

---
Alistair Miles