RE: Scheme versioning & change management

I am not sure that there is a standard way. You could use the RDF/Icalendar
work [1] to describe the period as an event, with a start and end date.

This is the kind of thing you probably don't want to have imported to your
event diary, but it is realted to the sort the sort of use case that
historians, museums and so on have for calendaring information.

On the other hand, you can describe the events pretty easily in a reasonable
calendar tool - they have interefaces for doing those things. And then use
one of the iCal -> RDF tools out there to convert them...

cheers

Chaals

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/