RE: [Proposal][SKOS-Core] handling top concepts - original use ca se

This issue originally came up through collaboration with the UK Archival
Thesaurus team.  UKAT is a thesaurus with several contained 'microthesauri'.
UKAT wanted to know how to model microthesauri, which are not covered by the
current SKOS Core guide.  I suggested they model each microthesaurus as a
concept scheme in its own right.  The UKAT concepts can then be declared as
members of both the overarching scheme and a microthesaurus as well.  Some
concepts are top concepts within a microthesaurus, but not in the
overarching scheme - this was the original use case.  That's when we
realised there could be a problem with skos:TopConcept whenever a concept is
a member of more than one scheme.

I was thinking about putting a section on 'Microthesauri' in the 'Advanced
Features' section of the proposed 'Guide to Using SKOS Core for Thesauri'
note, explaining how to do it ... what do you reckon?

(Btw I started sketching a table of contents for that note on the wiki at
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SkosCoreGuideToc )

Al.
---
Alistair Miles