geo example

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:46:23 -0400
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

http://dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/England/Bristol/ shows a
topic from open directory. I can imagine how this works in SKOS. And
how we might represent Bristol as a place in RDF. For discussion: how to
represent (to machines) the connection between these two worlds.

We could easily redo the open directory (dmoz, see
http://dmoz.org/rdf.html)
in SKOS. And we can doubtless find some RDF representation of Bristol as
a member of a class "City", with location info, population, etc...

My hypothesis is that a new property in SKOS, skos:conceptualizes,
could be used to relate bristol-the-skos-concept to
bristol-the-thing-in-the-world.

Al, what do you reckon?

dan