Re: Reading Systems and presentation of TOC

Hi all,

Just as a complement to George's email, note that Web-based reading systems would be able to implement a tree view widget on top of the Nav Doc list structure using ARIA; see the "Tree view" section of the WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices note, with the complete examples:

https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.1/#TreeView <https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.1/#TreeView>

I suppose publishers could also build that pattern in the EPUB directly, although I don't know if users would be surprised by a tree view instead of a regular list when the Nav Doc is rendered as a spine item; and the tree view implementation requires a bit of JS.

Best,
Romain.