Re: Image bleeds and page backgroud

Hello all,
during the EPUB 3.1 revision cycle there was a discussion about some kind
of "leave me alone" (aka LMA) property that would somehow instruct reading
systems to forego custom layout and styling in reflowable documents, much
like how fixed-layout documents are rendered. Bearing in mind though, such
broadly-scoped functionality would interfere with (take precedence over?)
user preferences, and would therefore likely impede on accessibility (e.g.
font overrides, colour schemes). Full-bleed is mostly impacted by reading
system margins, so I can see how a margin-focused property would address
this particular use-case. But there are other presentational and
interactional aspects where the author's intent is bound to conflict with
user preferences and default reading system rendering rules. Just to name a
few examples: pagination (content sectioning), navigation / visualisation
aids (e.g. zoomable images), media overlay playback (synchronised
highlights), selections / annotations, text justification, line spacing,
font family and size overrides, etc.
Regards,
Daniel