De : "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de<mailto:Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>>
Date : samedi 1 avril 2017 à 17:48
À : "public-epub3@w3.org<mailto:public-epub3@w3.org>" <public-epub3@w3.org<mailto:public-epub3@w3.org>>
Objet : Re: EPUB 3.1 title and subtitle of a work, multiple roles of creators and contributors
Renvoyer - De : <public-epub3@w3.org<mailto:public-epub3@w3.org>>
Renvoyer - Date : samedi 1 avril 2017 à 17:48

Daniel Glazman:

a) Assume we have a work with title and subtitle.

The only way I found is through a 3.1 meta element.

How?/Which?/Link? ;o)

author role

Maybe this needs to be changed to a comma-separated list of three-
letter lowercase codes and it's probably urgent.

Not unproblematic, because it is in EPUB2 and EPUB3 no list, it was always
either three letters or 'oth.*' with * your specific choice beyond the
predefined options.
Anyway several EPUB-reader (and -checker) cause trouble anyway with meta data,
presumably such a change with something complex like a comma-separated list
may cause even more fun with them for the next years ;o)

But if one starts to list the same author multiple times with different role,
there is a good chance for funny results in the usual suspects of EPUB readers
as well ...

The meta element and refines attribute in EPUB 3 has the big advantage to be
very flexible and it causes no relevant trouble with old EPUB 2 (or naively
implemented EPUB 3) readers (because they ignore it completely ;o)

Do you want to file the
issue at

  https://github.com/IDPF/epub-revision/issues

?

I have no account there.
I found already another bug in the epubcheck 4 resulting in serious problems
for authors of books with XHTML+SVG content with such a validation done by
book distributors, fortunately it was already known there, but still
unfixed/open, therefore I did not try to create yet another account somewhere.

Olaf