Re: EOCred: recognition of credential

Phil, I am not so certain that there isn't consensus around the original
proposal for a recognizedBy property with a domain of
EducationalOccupationalCredential
and a range of Organization [1]. Just because there is a likelihood that
such claims by the owner of a credential might well need to be verified for
maximum ease and utility, that doesn't negate the need for a credential
provider to be able to make the claim. And, as you rightly note, a new
recognizedBy
property would be only one of many claims made through other schema.org
properties that could benefit from being verifiable. So while agreeing that
there needs to be a more general mechanism for handling verifiable claims,
first, we need to be able to make such claims and second, its an issue to
be solved beyond this property.

Since I have heard nothing in opposition to a recognizedBy property itself,
I'd say you should, at least for now, call going once, going twice,
included. We can always revisit as the full package of properties for a
useful EducationalOccupationalCredential comes into view.

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/eocred-schema/wiki/Show_organizations_that_
recognize_an_educational_occupational_credential