Re: Help making an example combining eocred ideas with fact-checking markup?

Hello Dan
Not a use case we have considered, as it's related to a person having a
credential rather than a credential being available. We would need to be
able to say that the claim maker / fact checker had a credential, which
is a use case that we ducked out of because of concerns over how to
verify that they really did have the credential. Assuming that is fixed
somehow, e.g. with a hasEOCred property and an out of band means of
checking that assertion, here's my Friday evening best shot:

An EducationalOccupationalCredential, as a subtype of CreativeWork, can
be said to be about something; so can the thing in which the claim is
made, so:

{
   "@context":  "http://schema.org/",
   "@type": "Book",
   "about": "climate change"
   "author": {
     "@type": "Person",
     "name": "Jo Bloggs",
"hasEOCred": {
         "@type": "EducationalOccupationalCredential",
         "name": "PhD in Climatology",
         "credentialCategory": "Doctorate",
         "about": "Climatology",
         "recognizedBy": "University of Poppleton"
         "competencyRequired": "..."
     }
}

Of course the value for hasEOCred could be a link to data about the
credential elsewhere, e.g. on the Univeristy website.

I've used recognizedBy to provide the name of the university that
awarded the credential. We could instead say that it was/is Offered by
them, but it seems reasonable and simpler to assume that the University
would recognize their own credentials.

The limits on expressiveness are those of matching the subject of the
credential / the competencies it recognizes to the subject of the work
being fact checked.

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090