Re: EOCred: Identify the level of a credential

On 11/02/18 19:55, Nate Otto wrote:
> I agree that alignment doesn't quite capture the relationship here. We
> should probably define a new term specifically for this concept.
>
>     it should be possible to search or review results of a search by
>     specific credential level, e.g. post-graduate, High school, entry,
>     intermediate, advanced.
>

> Are we trying to say one or both of the following?
> (a) This credential is available at the high school level and
> generally requires that level of expertise/difficulty?
> (b) This credential represents a high school diploma, the final
> achievement of the high school level?

I had in mind the latter, though I am happy to leave dancing on this pin
head to the angels. I am not sure they are easily separable as, to some
extent, high school level in (a) is defined by the desire to reach the
diploma level (b). Or maybe it's vice versa.

Practice in the UK (and I think the rest of Europe) is to use the same
level descriptors for courses and the educational qualification which
you would get if you succeed, but in the case of multi-year programs
such Bachellor degrees, the courses are the level of the qualification
you would get if you did not progress past that year. So in those
multi-year programmes a student might be on an SCQF level 8 course as
part of a programme of study leading a couple of years down the line to
a SCQF level 10 qualification/credential.

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090