Re: EOCred: name search for credentialing organization

On 12/04/18 14:16, Vicki Tardif wrote:
> To be clear, in the example is "Association for Learning Technology"
> the organization teaching the course, taking the money for the course,
> or both?

In this example there is no course.

In fact <https://www.alt.ac.uk/certified-membership> CMALT is a
professional certification based on assessment of a portfolio, but this
is not mentioned in the example. There is a fuller version of this
example on the wiki under Costs of an educational occupational
credential
<https://www.w3.org/community/eocred-schema/wiki/Costs_of_an_educational_occupational_credential>
which shows that the cost of assessment is included

{
   "@context": "http://schema.org/",
   "@type": "EducationalOccupationalCredential",
   "url" : "https://www.alt.ac.uk/certified-membership",
   "name": "CMALT",
   "description": "Certified Membership of the Association for Learning Technology",
   "offers": {
     "@type": "Offer",
     "name": "Registration fee",
     "price": "150",
     "priceCurrency": "GBP",
     "offeredBy" : {
       "@type": "Organization",
       "name": "Association for Learning Technology",
       "url": "https://www.alt.ac.uk/"
     },
     "addOn" : {
       "@type": "Offer",
       "description": "the cost of assessment is included"
     }
   }
}

(and yes, Association for Learning Technology is taking the money)

There are other examples on that page for costs associated with the
Course or assessment leading to a credential. (There were also
discussions from the Schema Course Extend community group around costs
of a course
<https://www.w3.org/community/schema-course-extend/wiki/Cost_of_course>
and providing Vs offering
<https://www.w3.org/community/schema-course-extend/wiki/Organizations_providing_and_offering_course>
courses)

Please let me know if I can make any of this clearer.

Phil

--

CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for