EOWG - Developing Presentations and Training

Hi Denis and Andrew (& honourable leaders)

I'm thinking that due to the tight timeline, we start to look at a needs
analysis along the lines I suggested in my previous email:

Determine if the resource is still appropriate - is it obsolete, do most
organisations already have this developed, etc.

Review existing resource and determine which ones are:

Obsolete - remove

Outdated - need updating - e.g. Accessibility Topics - lots about moving to
WCAG 2.0 and should probably include information on 2.1 and Silver

Which subjects are duplicated elsewhere - thinking of the "promoting web
accessibility" for senior management - some of this material may also be in
the business case resource

Determine sources for new presentations:

Has someone created something that we can use?

What are the gaps that haven't been addressed?

Make suggestions for new resources to be developed over time?

Following my previous email, I've been looking at the resources on the page
and see that there are 3 separate areas: Accessibility Topics, Presentation
Outlines, and Workshop Outline.

   * Accessibility Topics

There are 18 topics here, and some of them are quite out-dates such as
Introducing WCAG 2.0 - needs to include references to up-coming resources
such as 2.1 and Silver, and can probably drop some such as Migrating to WCAG
2.0 (might make that 2.1)

The work here is quite huge as each of these sections will need to be
evaluated and might be more than the 3 of us can handle

#18 - conformance evaluation should refer to WCAG-EM and the reporting
outline resources

#16 - that is another resource that is on the list for re-evaluation

#10 - should refer to the tutorial and other resources

#12&13&14 - can we refer to this from to the work I'm doing with Shadi about
with combined expertise?

Are we duplicating work found elsewhere in the resources list? Or is this to
be the repository for presentations for all of WAI?

   * Then when you go to the next section, Presentation Outlines, that seems
to duplicate information found on the previous topics.
   * Finally, when you look at the workshop outline, I need convincing that
this needs to be there.  I'm open to your suggestions, but it sounds a bit
prescriptive to me.  I'm sure that we all have similar resources we've
developed.  For example, at Web Key IT, we have developed a 5-day
certificate program - and I'm positive we're not alone.

Perhaps if we come to some consensus of what needs to be provided, we can
divide the work up between the three of us.  Unless I'm mistaken about our
task, I don't think the idea is that we develop the replacement
presentations, but decide which presentations are still appropriate and then
after the new website is developed, new presentations can be added to this
resource, if it is kept.

My other question is whether the WAI EOWG Tutorials would replace some of
this material, or perhaps replace the need for this material completely? I'm
not saying I think we should scrap this, but the question needs to be asked
before we go to the work of reorganising it.

Your thoughts and input would be very much appreciated.

**

*Regards,***

**

*Vivienne Conway, Ph.D., B.IT (Hons), MACS (Snr) CP, AALIA(CS)*

Director

Web Key IT Pty Ltd

PO BOX 681 Wanneroo, WA 6946

*Phone: *(08) 9206 3987**

*Mobile:*   0415 383 673

*Email:*v.conway@webkeyit.com <mailto:v.conway@webkeyit.com> __

*Website:*www.webkeyit.com <http://www.webkeyit.com/>

cid:image001.png@01D031AC.8D1D0690

This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely for the
named addressee. It is confidential and may be subject to legal professional
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me
immediately by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. This email is subject to copyright, no part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the prior written consent of the
copyright owner. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Web Key IT
Pty Ltd.