Event Calendar Services

Bernadette, it would be great to have a bunch of community of practice (CoP) oriented services that automatically harvest, aggregate, and index meeting event description data published in an open, standard, machine-readable format on the Web.  I see that schema.org has such a schema but it is aimed more at entertainment events: http://schema.org/Event

For business-oriented gatherings, it would be good if their agendas were published as performance plans – with clearly identified stakeholders of both the performer and beneficiary types as well as explicitly expressed performance indicators of the target results type – in an open, standard, machine-readable format like StratML Part 2, Performance Plans & Reports.  http://xml.fido.gov/stratml/index.htm#Part2

Doing so would enable folks to discover business-related events of interest to them based upon their own personal values, longer-term goals, and near-term objectives as well as stakeholder groups of which they are members.

Hopefully, it might also help to make such events more productive.  Ideally, performance indicators of the actual results type would be published before, during, and after each event – so that stakeholders can see whether anything is actually accomplished or not.

If anyone is interested in pursuing that potential, I’ll be glad to partner with them to advance the cause not only of improved notice but also greater engagement and more productive business-oriented gatherings.

Owen Ambur

Chair, AIIM StratML Committee <http://www.aiim.org/Research-and-Publications/Standards/Committees/StratMLC:/Users/Owen%20Ambur/Documents/Ambur%20Children%20Tax%20Info>

Co-Chair Emeritus, xml.gov <http://xml.fido.gov/stratml/index.htm>  CoP

Communications/Membership Director, FIRM <http://firmcouncil.org/index.htm>