From: Gannon Dick [mailto:gannon_dick@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:38 PM
To: andrea.perego@jrc.ec.europa.eu; frans.knibbe@geodan.nl; Simon.Cox@csiro.au; Chris Beer; Little, Chris
Cc: public-locadd@w3.org; public-egov-ig@w3.org; public-lod; temporal@lists.opengeospatial.org; Piero Campalani; Matthias Müller
Subject: (groan, not again): OGC Temporal DWG. Was: space and time

Hi Chris,

FWIW.

While commerce depends upon Product Release Dates and Versioning, geographic information can default to the Julian Calendar harmonics.  Not having to deal with this administrative detail is a real, pardon the expression, time saver.  So, I did the math and made a spreadsheet (FODS or EXCEL), a prototype generic version "Release Clock". This calendar is not in harmony with astronomical calculations, which use the Winter Solstice as an anchor rather than New Year's.  I apologize for this shameless attempt to curry favour with Champagne Manufacturers ;-)

The calendar is by year, with anchors at New Year's and New Year+1.  There are three arc control points.  These are arbitrary but can be recognized holidays - and the key word is "recognized".  For example I used Easter ~ Passover ~ Jerusalem Tourist Season.  The control point labels (identity) has no Controlling Authority, that is, they have no effect on the graph (timeline).

http://www.rustprivacy.org/2014/balance/gts/utct.zip

Overseas Banks and Government Mint Printing Presses work over night.  Human Resources and a Retail Store's safe in the back room do not.  Neither do many Cultural Heritage resources.  Work-Life Balance gets, um, unbalanced.

--Gannon