Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Other

From: Steven Clift <clift@e-democracy.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:44:49 -0500
To: eGovIG IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, "open-government@lists.okfn.org" <open-government@lists.okfn.org>
Hey all, I've been invited to speak in Estonia on open government. I
currently specialize in inclusive civic engagement online.

This will be a return visit after being invited to help share
"e-democracy" trends nearly a decade ago. Today, of course, Estonia
inspires many of us with their leadership in open government. I am
honor by this invitation and want to make it work.

I am building this visit off of a trip to the Council of Europe's
World Forum for Democracy and I will be doing an in-depth seminar on
neighbors online in London on the way home (Sat Nov 30). Details to
come.

To make this Estonian leg possible, I need to add either some
additional sponsors or speaking events/trainings. I can do this in
Tallinn or perhaps over the weekend (Nov. 23-24) in Helsinki or Riga.
I am certainly open to other speaking options in N. Europe.

While today I've been going really deep with inclusive civic
technology with projects like - http://BeNeighbors.org - and having a
family life(!), I spent over a decade speaking across 30 countries
introducing the early idea of "e-democracy" and open government with
technology far and wide. I was honored with White House Champions of
Change recognition this summer.

So, if you are interested in quickly exploring something, drop me a
note - clift@e-democracy.org - or take a look at my background here:
http://stevenclift.com

We are really close to making this part of the trip economically
viable, but need to act relatively quickly.

Thanks,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy,org

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com