Re: New open source catalog and list of APIs on Data.gov

On 05/23/2013 01:55 PM, Brand Niemann wrote:

> So if I am the public/data scientist, I cannot really use:

I think it would be more useful for this group to stick to constructive
questions like "what is the best way to X?" rather than statements like
"I cannot."

So, of course you can use the files. Just find a programmer friend who
can spend maybe five minutes converting the file for you. Or Google for
"json to csv" to find some ways other people have solved this problem.

(Of course it would be great if CKAN added a CSV export in version 2.2.
Or if someone submitted a patch to do it. It's an open source project,
after all.)

- Josh Tauberer (@JoshData)

http://razor.occams.info