 From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
To: "Holm, Jeanne M (1760)" <jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov>; eGov W3C <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:47 PM
Subject: A Big Idea for Big Data ref: US Open Data Policy and Transparency

Jeanne and All,

When you map a coding system to a circle the importance of Transparency in Organizational and Government policy making  is evident.  Even something simple like mapping ISO Day Code Noons (Monday=1.5, ...) to a circle shows the effect.  Looking down you see dots around noon. Uncertainty in time (the diameter of the dots) is inversely proportional to the width of the dots at their base.  The more transparency, the better you see the actual dimensions of the dot and how the dot centres move in relation to each other.  It is not random motion, but rather obeys the normal spherical distance relations, with a Zoom Factor (Degrees <-> Radians), even though the angles are almost unimaginably small the ratios are preserved.  Goal-seeking Triangulation works.

This provides a sort of
 arm-chair (time or space) travel standard for the Policy Maker Data User.

There is a catch (read the PDF, get the Spreadsheet, or the ZIP file).

I even invented a new three letter acronym so Governments would understand: Einstein's "Like" Button (ELB)

 :-)

--Gannon